Business Skills, Research Skill
Mode of Delivery:
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
The Micro-Credential in Research Methodology course provides students with
the opportunity to explore an area of interest within business and/or management in greater depth. Transferable skills in research, information and project management will be developed, equipping students for the continuously changing business environment of the 21st century. The course aims to enable students to undertake a self managed process of systematic academic enquiry within the domain of management.
- Recognise and critically evaluate different business and management research designs and the assumptions upon which they are based.
- Plan a research in pursuit of their MBA Dissertation based upon informed choices about the research designs, techniques and procedures to be followed.
- Synthesise data from a wide variety of sources having due regard to issues of generalisability, validity and reliability within an acceptable dissertation format.
- Prepare the research proposal in an acceptable dissertation format.
Exercise -30%, Assignment – 20% and Project -50%
- Introduction to different types of Research- where do research ideas come from?
- Data & sampling size
- Research Design
- Reliability and validity
- Tests and measurements
- Questionnaires and interviews
- Observation, and how to record information
- Data analysis- Statistical techniques
- Organizing and presenting research results
– Able to communicate in English
Every Monday 7pm – 10pm