Ethics and Corporate Governance and Responsibilities
Business Skills, Management Skills
Mode of Delivery:
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
The micro-credential course aims to equip students with understanding of main tenets of business ethics and their application in business. It will address the issues of right and wrong in various situations, activities and decisions in business operations. Beside commercial business the entire stakeholders will be included such as government organizations, civic society representatives, pressure groups, not-for-profit businesses, social businesses, charities, environmental organizations. The emphasis will be placed on relationships with employees, shareholders, management, board of directors, partners, suppliers, financiers and investors. Students will also be exposed to variety of case studies and ethical dilemmas.
- Apply the moral principles underlying business and corporate ethics.
- Apply the appropriate response to ethical dilemmas.
- Examine and apply good practice of corporate social responsibilities.
- Explain the principles underlying sound and effective corporate governance.
Assignment -30%, Group Project– 30% and Final Exam -40%
- The Perspectives On Business Ethics
- Unethical Behaviors
- Managers As Ethical Leaders
Ethical Decision Making
- Codes Of Ethics And Code Of Conduct
- Ethics Reporting Systems
- Corporate Social Responsibility in Business Firms
- Corporate Governance
- Environmental Compliance and Issues in Business Firms
– Able to communicate in English