Accounting For Decision Making
Business Skills, Accounting & Finance Skills
Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
This micro-credential course aims to develop knowledge and understanding of how to prepare and process cost and quantitative information to support management in planning and decision making in a variety of business contexts.
- Analyze financial systems, financial ratios and statements, and write a report on the company’s performance, financial condition, and management effectiveness
- Apply the various accounting tools and techniques that assist management make day-to-day operational decisions and strategic decisions.
- Evaluate financial and management accounting information in planning and decision making.
Assignment -30%, Project– 40% and Final Exam -30%
- An overview of Accounting in Business Decision Making
- Understanding financial statements
- Contemporary issues in financial accounting
- Understanding costs, analysing cost behaviour, and costs of responsibility centres and products
- Performance Evaluation and Decision-Making Techniques
- Strategic profit management
– Able to communicate in English
Every Friday 7pm – 10pm