Foundation Sketching and Drawing for Designers
Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
Learners will gain a working knowledge of form, space, shape, light, texture, line, proportion, perspective, proportion, volume and composition.
- Demonstrate a sense of observation of forms, shape, positive and negative space.
- Illustrate measurement of proportion and perspective.
- Perform skills and techniques in freehand drawing.
- Demonstrate sketching and drawing skills with good sense of composition
Assignments 80% & Projects 20%
- Drawing materials -Holding the pencil, Structural sketches, Value sketches, Black and white sketches, Contour sketches, Combining approaches
- Principles of Good Drawing – Using basic shapes, Gauging Proportion, Measuring Angles, Perspective, Reflections
- Value – Contrast, Creating Values, Shading
- Composition – Overlapping, Negative space, Lines, Balance, Contrast, Proportion
- Studio practice – landscapes – Simplification and Massing, Site Selection, Colour & Light, Underpainting, Abstract Nature
- Studio practice – still life -Take Measurements, Block In Forms, Delineate Shadow Edges; Lay In Tone, Model the Form, Refine and Add Detail
Why Choose a Micro-Credential Credit Bearing?
Pathway to the Qualification
Entry Requirement of the Origin Programme