Academic Development Skill, English Language Skills
Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
Learners will cope with a variety of writing tasks, including reports, and short essays. Most written texts at will be between 300-500 words for persuasive essays and 150-250 words for written summaries.
- Write three to five-paragraph themes, which may include opinion papers, cause/effect papers, and comparison and contrast essays.
- Demonstrate an expanding but appropriate vocabulary in specific writing tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to summarize and paraphrase material from a longer text.
- Demonstrate ability to source for and use information published on the internet and in conventional print sources, and understand how to acknowledge the usage of such information using the APA Style format.
Homework 20%, Quiz 20%, Assignment 30% & Final Exam 30%
- Understanding the writing process & writing sentences about a single topic
- Planning your writing & writing sentences about goals
- Expressing speculation & writing descriptive sentences
- Using details to clarify ideas & writing sentences to make suggestions
- Using synonyms to avoid repetition. Writing sentences to express an opinion.
- Writing sentences to give reasons
- Writing sentences to explain preferences
- Writing topic sentences and comparative paragraphs
- Describing graphs and diagram
- Note-taking Skills
- Introduction to Research
- Thesis Statements
- Persuasive Essay Writing: Thesis-led & Evidence-led
- APA Citation and Referencing
- Summarizing and Paraphrasing
Why Choose a Micro-Credential Credit Bearing?
Pathway to the Qualification
Entry Requirement of the Origin Programme