Academic Development Skill
Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
The objective of this module is to assist students in becoming more successful and better prepared for success at University and in life. The ultimate goal is to help them identify and apply study skills and academic strategies that will increase productivity. Topics will include time management and goal-setting; listening and note-taking in class; reading and studying; library and research skills.
- Acquire and apply effective study skills and time management techniques.
- Demonstrate critical thinking strategies.
- Acquire and apply research, reading, note-taking and essay writing techniques.
- Time management and problem solving
- Reading, listening, and note-taking skills
- Researching and information literacy
- APA referencing and plagiarism
- Summarizing and paraphrasing
- Presentation skills
- Study systems and learning resources
- Preparing for tests and exams
- Critical thinking and essay writing
Semester May 2022
Why Choose a Micro-Credential Credit Bearing?
Pathway to the Qualification
Entry Requirement of the Origin Programme