Business Skills, Communication Skills
Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
The aim of this course is to cover data, descriptive statistics, probability distributions, sampling distribution, interval estimation, hypothesis testing, and regression.
- Explain the meaning and use of statistical terms used in business statistics.
- Apply descriptive statistical measures to business situations.
- Apply probability distributions to model different types of business processes.
- Apply statistical inference techniques (including statistical estimation and hypothesis testing) in business situations. 5. Apply simple linear regression analysis.
Mid Term -20%, Assignment – 30% and Final Exam -50%
- Introduction to Statistics
- Describing Data
- Discrete and Continuous Probability Distributions
- Estimation & Confidence Interval
- Hypothesis Tests: One-Sample and Two Sample Tests
- Correlation and Simple Linear Regression
- Index numbers
- Time Series Analysis