Business Skills, Communication Skills
Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
The aim of this course is to provide students to develop with behavioural skills of verbal expression, active listening, appropriate body language, written analysis and visual presentation in the typical business environment and instil an active awareness of the significance of communication in current business practice.
- Use Business English in a variety of business situations, demonstrating an ability to summarize academic and business documents while retaining their key features.
- Present a variety of data written , verbal and graphical forms
- Identify common barriers to clear communication and how to overcome them.
- Apply different techniques for interpersonal and business negotiations.
Assignments-60% and Final Exam – 40%
- Understanding Business Communication in Today’s Workplace
- Making Your Writing Easy to Read
- Formats for Letters and Memos
- Effective, Informative and Positive Messages
- Negative Messages
- Persuasive Messages
- Writing and Completing Reports and Proposals
- Presentation Skills and Using Visuals
- Mastering Team Skills and Interpersonal Communication; Making your meeting more Productive, Improving Listening Skills & Improving Nonverbal Communication Skills
- Resumes and Job Application