Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
This course introduces students to the concepts and methods of psychological statistics. The course also covers the research process and design, hypothesis testing, correlational, regression analysis, and univariate statistics.
- Compare and contrast different psychological methods and statistical tests.
- Analyse psychological data using basic statistical techniques.
- Communicate the results of statistical investigations and data analysis.
- Identify the different modes of data analysis – univariate, multivariate, correlational, and/or regression
Data 1- 30%, Data 2- 30% and Final Exam- 40%
- Scientific problems and methods
- Basic mathematical and measurement concepts
- Frequency distributions
- Exploratory data analysis
- The normal Curve and Standard Scores
- Hypothesis testing
- Non-parametric statistical tests
- Exploring Graphs
- Introduction to multivariate statistics