Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
This course is designed to assist students in becoming more successful and better prepared for success in college and life particularly in the field of Psychology. The ultimate goal is to help identify and apply study skills and academic strategies that will increase their productivity. Topics will include time management and goal-setting; listening and note-taking in class; reading and studying; library and research skills, and critical thinking skills.
- Acquire and apply effective study skills and time management techniques.
- Demonstrate critical thinking strategies.
- Acquire and apply research, reading, note-taking and essay writing techniques.
Assignment- 30%, Project- 30% and Final Exam- 40%
- Time management and problem solving
- Reading, listening, and note-taking skills
- Researching and information literacy
- APA referencing and plagiarism
- Summarizing and paraphrasing
- Presentation skills
- Study systems and learning resources
- Preparing for tests and exams
- Critical thinking and essay writing