Digital Skill & Technology, Artificial Intelligence, OOP, Technology Skill
Mode of Delivery:
Conventional / ODL
Language of Instruction:
Level of the Course:
14 Academic Weeks
Total Learning Hours:
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to apply discrete mathematics to model and solve problems in computer science, data science and AI. Topics covered include mathematical logic and proofs, set theory, counting and probability, mathematical sequences, recursion and inference and graph theory. Students will learn how to apply the theories to solve simple problems in AI, data science and computer science.
- Describe and explain key topics in discrete mathematics and their applications in AI, data science and computer science.
- Demonstrate competence in using mathematical logic, set theory, and mathematical induction and recursion to model and solve simple problems in AI, data science and computer science.
- Demonstrate competence in applying graph theory to model and solve simple problems in AI, data science and computer science.
- Introduction to Discrete Mathematics, Mathematical Logic and Proofs
- Set Theory, Functions and Relations
- Counting and Probability
- Sequences, Mathematical Induction and Recursion
- Graph Theory
Why Choose a Micro-Credential Credit Bearing?
Pathway to the Qualification
Entry Requirement of the Origin Programme