TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENROLLMENT
The following Terms & Conditions of Enrollment apply to all learners of Micro-Credentials Courses at Raffles University. All fees and monies where mentioned are in Ringgit Malaysia. Once signed, these terms and conditions are legally binding under the laws and jurisdiction of Malaysia.
1. ADMISSION POLICY
Admission to Micro-Credentials Courses at Raffles University (henceforth known as “the Micro-Credentials” is open to all individuals regardless of gender, race, religion or nationality.
2. WITHDRAWAL, DEFERMENT, AND TRANSFER
– Failure to attend the Micro-Credentials based on the schedule provided is deemed to be withdrawal from the course.
– Fees are non-refundable and transferable upon withdrawal of the course. No Refunds can be made to those who fail to attend the course in full or part.
– No deferment and transfer are allowed for the Micro-Credentials
3. FEE AND CHARGES
– Fee must be paid in full at least a week prior the start of the course.
– Raffles University reserves the sole discretion and right to alter dates, time, venue and cancel the Micro-Credentials at short notice due to insufficient participants or force majeure events or other reasons beyond our control.
– An Administrative Fee of RM100 will be charged for each dishonoured cheque.
– Learners are expected to purchase normal classroom supplies and specified textbooks. Students may also be required to purchase materials related to certain courses.
– Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– No Refunds can be made to those who fail to attend the course in full or part.
– The course payment can be 100% refunded if a Micro-Credentials Course is cancelled 1 month before the scheduled start date.
4. CURRICULUM REVIEW
The University reserves the right to periodically review and makes changes to the curriculum without prior notice.
Classes are scheduled on weekdays between 0800 hrs and 1800hrs or weekend between 0900hrs and 1800hrs and may be subjected to change at the discretion of the University when deemed necessary
6. MICRO-CREDENTIALS CREDIT BEARINGS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Learners who enroll into the Micro-Credentials Credit Bearings are required to follow the Micro-Credentials Academic Rules and Regulations of the University.
The timetable of the Micro-Credentials Course can be obtained from the Micro-Credentials information on the University website. Learners take the sole responsibility to check the timetable before enrolling on a Micro-Credential Course.
EXAMINATION AND EVALUATIONS
– To qualify for the Micro-Credentials Credit Bearing course, learners will be required to successfully complete various coursework examinations, projects and other forms of evaluation prescribed in the Micro-Credentials offered by the University. Various conditions apply to the eligibility for examinations. Students will not be admitted to the examination provided that the student has (1) met all current financial obligations, and (2) fulfilled the requirements of the course leading to the examinations. Examinations are administered at scheduled times and learners must avail themselves for the examinations. Learners who failed to attend the scheduled examinations may be liable to pay a separate examination fee for an equivalent examination to be conducted subsequently
– Learner assignments, projects and other University-related work may be retained by the University or project sponsors for a period of up to 12 months for marketing and promotion purposes
PROGRESSION TO THE MAIN PROGRAMME
A learner who wishes to progress to University main programme are required to fulfil the entry requirement of the respective programmes and proceed with the admission procedure of the University
7. PERSONAL DATA FOR PUBLICITY, PROMOTIONAL AND MARKETING PURPOSES
The University will only use your personal date (which includes your name, age, academic qualifications, photograph, still and video images, voice recordings, quotations, etc.) for the University publicity, promotional and marketing activities with your consent. Your personal data may be used to produce publicity, promotional and marketing materials including, but not limited to:
(collectively, “Marketing Materials”) which will be distributed to, among others, prospective students, Raffles University’s partner universities and the general public.
By consenting to the University use of your personal date for the purposes described above, you acknowledge that:
The Marketing materials will become the property of the University and will not be returned;
The University will not use or reveal any of your personal contact information or sensitive personal date (e.g. information as to your physical and mental health, political opinions and religious beliefs) in the University Marketing Materials.
Right of Access, Correction and to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to
Please take note that any withdrawal of consent is subject to you giving reasonable notice to the University in order for the University to take necessary action to cease the further and continued use of your personal data in the university Marketing Materials